Day 1, Tuesday, 1st September, 2009: Getting ready to leave. Disclaimer and apologies...sort of: Sorry folks, I am a little late getting back on the blog. Mostly to be blamed on the fine establishments that I stayed at the past couple of days that hadnt heard of the internet or wifi. Here is some more of the stuff that made the trip. At the time it seemed like it wouldnt be enough, but a few days later I feel I over packed. It is really amazing how little one can get by on...note to all you heavy shoppers/stuff acquirers :) The steed, I wasnt a fan of the super-sized windshield but it proved its worth Loaded and locked, cant wait to get going In the beginning...there were o miles on the odometer. I was hoping to leave around 6ish, but didnt really hit the road until about 8am
Popular posts from this blog
My bad....
Apologies, I haven't been very good with the blog, but should catch up tonight. Since my last post, I have been through the Rocky Mountain nat'l park in Colorado, South Dakota (Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Wind Cave, Jewel Cave, Badlands) and am currently in Rochester, MN...why Rochester....will tell you in the next post :)
South Dakota!!
After Rocky Mountain, I stayed one night in the small town called Cheyenne, WY...nothing to report from there, except maybe...the lady at the front desk of the hotel that I stayed at had never been north of the hotel. Now, this is interesting only because the town was all of 3 exits! The next morning I headed out towards Custer City in SD. Custer is kind of central to all the attractions in that part of SD (Crazy Horse monument, Mount Rushmore, a couple of caves and a few fabulous ride) I made Custer City my base for the next couple of days since there was plenty to see and rides to be done. 1st stop: Wind Caves...specialty/uniqueness is that it accounts for about 95% of all 'box work' found in the world. I'd been to a few caves before but hadn't seen anything like it. Easier to describe as a honeycomb structure, the photo doesn't do justice to the cave. I love caves :) nice and cool Wildlife outside Wind Caves, warning signs not to approach them since they could ...
I am enjoying all the photos and notes thus far. What a fantastic journey! It is great to see all these beautiful places through your eyes! Talk about living vicariously. Stay well hydrated and take lots of breaks especially when the roads are monotonous or hot. Safety and good health to you!!
ReplyDeleteDanke!
ReplyDelete